Saturday, March 2, 2013

author Dennis

To celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, Dennis' school has planned a week of events. The first was Young Authors Day where the Kindergartners read the books they have written to high school students. Dennis wrote and illustrated a lovely story entitled The Alien about a resident from Mars named Zeb who is brought to Earth by scientists and eventually becomes a scientist. I'm so proud of his work! We will treasure his work forever, preserved as it is in a lovely hardcover composition book. He dedicated his book to "my family".

In other news, he reportedly did well at Taekwondo testing. I was at a children's ministry class and missed it, but I'm hopeful that he will be bringing home a red belt at the ceremony on Thursday. I also hope that David will be advancing to his green belt.

No comments: